Don’t feel discouraged if your children haven’t learned to be reverent in church. Sitting quietly for three hours is a lot to ask of little kids. In a recent article by Mandy Slack of LDS Living, she offers advice for parents who aren’t sure how to act.
1. Prepare on Saturday to avoid feeling rushed as a family on Sunday.
2. Keep time in the hallway or foyer from becoming a fun alternative to meetings.
3. Surround them with good examples, including yourself.
4. Provide reverent entertainment like activity books and puzzles.
5. Help them understand your expectations.
What are your favorite tips and tricks to having a peaceful, reverent church experience? Share in the comments.