Missionaries can face many challenges while serving. Today, we'll discuss 10 mistakes that could ruin your mission, according to an LDS psychologist, Dr. Gary Taylor:
1. Having unrealistic expectations for your mission.
2. Worrying about things you can’t control.
3. Thinking and speaking in absolutes – “I have to” or “I need to."
4. Focusing on the negative rather than on the positive.
5. Failing to see the big picture.
6. Being a perfectionist.
7. Failing to follow righteous leadership principles such as charity, patience, and faith.
8. Letting your anger and fear get out of control.
9. Not being quick to forgive.
10. Not being sufficiently self disciplined.
For more information on what it’s like to serve an LDS mission, check out the Mormon Channel video series, “Two Brothers Two” on mormonchannel.org Tune in to the Mormon Channel Daily podcast every M-F for a daily dose of inspiration.