Download image here.
"Fatherhood is leadership, the most important kind of leadership. It has always been so; it always will be so. Father, with the assistance and counsel and encouragement of your eternal companion, you preside in the home. It is not a matter of whether you are most worthy or best qualified, but it is a matter of [divine] appointment." —The Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
Below are some of the responsibilities the Apostles encourage fathers to fulfill:
1. Preside at the meal table, at family prayer, and at family home evening as guided by the Spirit.
2. Give father’s blessings.
3. Take an active part in establishing family rules and discipline.
4. Live a family-centered life.
5. Treat your wife as your equal.
6. Teach your children by your own righteous example.
7. Live and study and pray for the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost.
8. Provide for your family.
What's another thing your favorite father figures do for you and your family? Leave a comment.
We’re glad you stopped by to see today’s Daily Quote. You can find these daily bits of inspiration from Church leaders, scriptures, and people like you on the Mormon Channel homepage, blog, and social media pages.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Google+ to see every Daily Quote.
Want to submit your own design of a quote you love? We want to see it. Email us at email@example.com.