Life is bound to get busy (and sometimes a little messy), but there are some things always in your control. Try these five tips to make your days less stressful and simpler, no matter what your schedule is like.
1. Get rid of nonessential possessions. The clutter in your counter or in your room might be cluttering your emotions too. Invite the Spirit into your personal spaces by clearing them out regularly.
2. Cancel calendar events that aren’t important. You only have so much time in a day, week, or year. What are your priorities?
3. Focus on just one or two goals for now. Make a list of the things you want to accomplish, and then choose two that are most important to you now.
4. Nix negative thoughts. Bitterness, hate, and jealousy have never improved the quality of your life. When negative thoughts seep in, evaluate what causes them and make the changes necessary to stop them at the source. These 10 reasons to stay optimistic might motivate you a bit.
5. Do something today to reduce financial debt. Being free of debt will make your life feel lighter and brighter overall. If you aren't in debt and wondering what you can do to keep it that way, here is our advice.
For five more ways to simplify your life, listen here.
What tips and tricks do you have for simplifying life? Share them in the comments!